It's time to celebrate the professional truck driver! National Truck Driver Appreciation Week, held September 11-17, is a chance to extend a special “thank you” for all their hard work.
There are over 3.2 million professional truck drivers nationwide – delivering the goods U.S. consumers need every day of the year. Logging over 432 billion miles per year, trucks deliver nearly 70 percent of total U.S. freight tonnage. Professional truck drivers are more essential to the national economy than ever before, and they’re delivering their loads safely and professionally.
It’s no secret that the backbone of this dynamic industry is its drivers. Driving a truck is one of the country’s most demanding and essential jobs. Millions of these dedicated men and women travel the roads every day, sacrificing a lot personally to deliver the freight that keeps the country moving. They miss birthdays, anniversaries, family dinners, school plays and many other special moments that most of us take for granted.
During National Truck Driver Appreciation Week (NTDAW), America and the trucking industry honors and recognizes all professional truck drivers for their hard work and commitment to the vital role they play in the economic growth of North America. Companies and industry associations across the U.S. and Canada will host special events and promotions in honor of professional truck drivers.
NTDAW allows the rest of us to recognize and appreciate the sacrifices that our drivers make every day out on the road. Be sure to let the men and women driving those trucks down the highway know it’s appreciated. Sometimes a little gratitude goes a long way.
Thank you drivers for a job well done!
- The American Trucking Association (ATA) has affordable driver gifts available now that can be customized with a company logo. Click here to see the entire line of 2011 Driver Gifts.
- www.DriverAppreciation.com – The Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) has launched a new forum to help keep track of all the various NTDAW events. This website allows companies to post their events, and also allows truckers to search for driver appreciation events being held within a specified state, city and/or distance in miles from a city.
- Professional Truck Driver and Industry Fact Sheet
- Trucking Safety Fact Sheet
- Future National Truck Driver Appreciation Week Dates:
- September 16-22, 2012
- September 15-21, 2013
- September 14-20, 2014
Driving Ambition is a premier CDL truck driver staffing company serving Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Since 2001, we have specialized in matching safe, experienced CDL drivers for our customers and great job opportunities for our professional truck drivers.
Our commitment to safety and building solid working relationships with both customers and CDL drivers has allowed us to earn an unparalleled reputation with our Proven Drivers and Exceptional Service.