At Driving Ambition, DOT Safety & Compliance is a priority. Driving Ambition hires only safe, experienced, DOT-qualified CDL drivers who are committed to providing exceptional service. Here's how:
Each candidate must pass our rigorous four-part screening process before we accept any driver as an employee:
Application. The driver completes an in-depth DOT application, which includes a variety of questions about the driver's history, skills, and limitations.
Interview. We conduct a comprehensive personal interview to evaluate the candidate's ability to meet our strict qualifications.
Records Review & Verification. We review the driver's current Motor Vehicle Record as well as verify employment background and criminal history, in addition to the past three years of drug/alcohol history as mandated by the DOT.
Pre-Employment DOT Drug Screen & Physical. Each driver is required to complete a DOT physical and drug screen prior to employment. Drivers are not eligible to drive for Driving Ambition until a negative drug screen result and valid DOT physical are received, and until at least one full year of recent experience has been verified.
Driving Ambition's hiring criteria exceeds the DOT-mandated requirements for CDL Drivers. Driving Ambition drivers must:
- Possess a valid Class A or B CDL License
- Be at least 23 years of age
- Have a minimum of 12 months recent, verifiable CDL experience
- Pass a DOT Physical by a certified Medical Examiner
- Have no more than one major moving violation and no more than one preventable accident in the past 12 months
- Have no more than two moving violations and no more than two preventable accidents in the past 36 months
- Pass a pre-employment DOT drug screen and be entered into our DOT certified random drug screen program
- Have no DUI, OWI, or DWI convictions in the past seven years
- Have no record of a felony conviction in the past seven years
- Have not failed or refused a DOT drug screen in the past 36 months